For this first DIY post, i'm gonna share with you on how I painted my valve covers. FYI, I have 3 valve covers in my possession up-to-date all painted by me. :D
- Spray Paint (the colour of your choice)
- Masking tape
- Paint remover
- High pressure water jet/ pressure pump
- Abrasive paper AKA sand paper (400 and 800 grit)
- Gasket maker/gasket glue
- Rubber gasket (optional)
Apply the paint remover using a small brush and leave it for a few minutes until you see the paint start lifting itself from the valve cover. Remove the residue using flowing water or using a high pressure water pump/water jet. You may need to repeat the steps until all the paint has been removed from the valve cover.
- the blue(top) has been resprayed to candy purple. Currently on my engine.
- the blue/gold broke when i got into an accident last year.